SAP BW HANA
SAP Business Warehouse (BW) powered by SAP HANA refers to using BW software suite on top of HANA database. This functionality explores all the key features of HANA database technologies and uses BW as a modeling tool for data modeling and analytical reporting. SAP Business Warehouse (BW) powered by HANA also known as BW on HANA (BWoH) is SAP’s data modeling, warehousing,
and reporting tool built on the HANA database. SAP BW on HANA (BWoH) runs on the HANA database and therefore it is simpler and faster.
What are the course objectives?
This functionality explores all the key features of HANA database technologies and uses BW as a modeling tool for data modeling and analytical reporting.
BW software supports various databases like Oracle, Microsoft, IBM DB2, Teradata, and many more. BW on HANA suggests that you are using HANA as database for BW data modeling capabilities and no other database is required.
What are the roles and responsibilities and methodology of this module?
- Implementing SAP BW on HANA specific modelling like Composite Providers and exposing BW objects in HANA Views, Operational Data Provisioning, LSA++, etc.
- Work on HANA Studio – Schemas and tables on HANA, attribute view, analytical view and Calculation views.
- Developing and handling hybrid scenarios – BW data models and HANA views as per the requirement.
- Manage SAP BW tables in HANA distribution environment.
- Experience in integration with BW/BO/HANA is highly required.
- Knowledge on BOBJ tools like WEBI, Lumira, and Design studio is a plus.
Who should go for this training?
What are the skills that you will be learning with this course?
- Using the new BW/4HANA user interfaces that have been redesigned to support modelling data models and data flows, query building and administration.
- Working with new modelling approaches which lean heavily towards a virtualised data warehouse and mixing SQL based data models from native HANA.
- Using the new best practices for BW/4HANA with LSA++, instead of the old LSA.
- Taking advantage of the staggering data integration possibilities. BW/4HANA can consume any type of data, from anywhere. You need to learn how to connect both physical and virtual data sources.
What are the prerequisites to learn this course?
Weekday Classes: 50 sessions of 1 hours each.
Real-life Case Studies
24 x 7 Expert Support
- Introduction to BW
- Introduction to HANA as a Platform
2. Multidimensional Modeling & Star schema
- The Multi-dimensional Model in SAP BW
- The SAP BW Star Schema Concept
- Extended Star Schema
3. Info Areas, Info Objects, Info Object Catalogs
- Creating data warehousing Objects
- Info Areas
- Info Object Catalogs
- Info Objects-Characteristics
- Info Objects-Key figures
4. Info Providers
- Info Cubes
- Data store Object
- Info Set
5. Data Extraction and Data Flow within SAP BW
- Creating flat file source System
- Creating Data sources
- Data transfer process
- Connecting Data sources to Info Objects (Master data)
- Connecting data sources to Info Providers
- Info Package
- Data store Objects
- Info Cubes
- Creating Loading Structure – DTP
6. Loading & Transforming Data in the Data warehouse
- Master Data Loading
- HierarchiesTransaction Data
- Data Stores Object
- Info Cubes
- Advanced Data Store Object
7. Data Flows
- Creating Data Flow Object
- Copying Data flows
8. Extracting data from ECC
- Identifying & Activating the Business content data sources
- Configuring the data source
- Logistics cockpit settings
- Loading Data into setup tables
- Checking the extractor
- Creating Info package – in it, Delta, Full load
- Working with requests in the Data store object and Activation
9. Introduction to HANA
- Introducing LSA ++ Architecture
- Introduction to HANA Studio
10. Working with new generation objects
- Creating ADSO as a Cube
- Creating ADSO as a DSO
- Field Level Modeling
- Composite Provider
- Creating a union Composite Provider
- Creating a Join Composite Provider
- Associating fields in the Composite Provider
- Mapping of fields in the composite Provider – Compounding, Nav Attributes
- Creating Open Operational Data store
11. Reporting Business Explorer
- Creating BEX Query on BW info Providers – Composite Provider, ADSO, Cube
- Calculated Key figures
- Restricted Key Figures
- Working with the properties of Objects
WHAT IF I MISS A CLASS?
WHAT IF I HAVE QUERIES AFTER I COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
HOW SOON AFTER SIGNING UP WOULD I GET ACCESS TO THE LEARNING CONTENT?
IS THE COURSE MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE TO THE STUDENTS EVEN AFTER THE COURSE TRAINING IS OVER?
Comments are closed.