With the extensive adoption of SAP S/4HANA, speculation is found aplenty regarding the positioning of SAP BW/4HANA. Discourse often arises particularly due to analytical capabilities of S/4HANA and the embedded BW functionality.
BW/4HANA is SAP’s strategic platform for enterprise data warehousing. Following are 10 reasons BW/4HANA is detriment to the success of an organization desiring state-of-the-art analytical capabilities, particularly in the presence of S/4HANA:
1. B4H is SAP’s state-of-the-art end-to-end data warehousing solution that enables integration, consolidation, and harmonization of data from diverse SAP and non-SAP sources including Big Data and S/4HANA. Enterprise Data Warehousing is a process that is not covered with SAP S/4HANA embedded analytics. S4H embedded BW is provided for operational reporting with light modeling capabilities.
2. Built on the same principles as S/4HANA; highly optimized for HANA that accelerates response time to critical and time-sensitive business requests. B4H allows traditional BW as well as all popular HANA based SQL approach that is extendable by third-party tools.
3. Seamless integration with SAP Business Objects suite of tools that allow modern UI allowing simple self-service, visualizations, data discovery, reporting and scheduling capabilities. BOBJ’s enhanced integration with SAP applications makes BW/4HANA the top choice for data warehousing that is user and performance-friendly.
4. It provides a single, comprehensive view of historical and real-time information. Real-time analytical ability is a longtime pain associated with traditional data-warehouses. B4H’s virtualization and implification make the drill throughs seamless.
5. Allows agile, accurate, and integrated planning capabilities via BPC 11.0, version for SAP BW/4HANA
6. S/4HANA’s all popular Virtual Data Models are be easily consumed persistently or virtually (real-time) in BW/4HANA via CompositeProviders and Open ODS Views. This expands a business’s insights so data can be compared with additional, legacy, 3rd party systems.
7. Flexible Layered Architecture enables revolutionary abilities to rapidly create analytical scenarios and semantics
8. Pre-defined content optimized for HANA allows rapid development of solutions based most sought after LOB’s and industry solutions such as Financial, Sales, Logistics KPI’s
9. Similar to wide S4H adoption, BW/4HANA is built for cloud and on-premise that grows with your business, leveraging SAP Analytics Cloud and ready for the Internet of Things
10. Greatly complements S/4HANA with persistent or logical data warehousing based on ABAP CDS Views.
source: Farhan Bhaba SAP BI/Analytics Consultant @ YASH Technologies